Borrowing Privileges for Community Members
Library services are generally available to any area resident. Community members are welcome to come in and use the library at any time without a college identification card but may not borrow materials without a community patron ID card.
- To obtain borrowing privileges, a community member must come into the library in person and complete a community patron card application.
- Required information includes full name, address, telephone number, and driver's license or student identification card with a photograph.
- The cost of a community patron card is $6.00 and is valid for one year after date of issue.
- Payment is made at the Cashier's Office and the patron photo ID card is obtained at the Student Activities Office.
- Community patrons who abuse borrowing privileges may have their privileges limited or revoked.
- Wireless network access and interlibrary loan privileges are reserved for MiraCosta faculty, staff and students currently enrolled in credit courses.