The "Reading List" Tool in Canvas is an easy way to locate and include links to full-text articles and ebooks from the MiraCosta College Library within your courses in Canvas. No additional authentication will be needed to view the articles. The ExLibris product name for the "Reading List" Tool is Leganto.
Faculty must first enable the "Reading List" Tool for view in the Course Navigation menu within Canvas (see Video below from Karen Turpin).
1. First enable "Reading List" for view in Canvas on your left hand Navigation menu (see video; Settings--Navigation).
2. Once enabled in the Canvas Course Navigation menu, click on "Reading List" to open the tool.
3. Click "Create it" to begin creating a new reading list.
4. Name the list, then click Add (+) to open the search box on the right, and begin searching by keyword, author, etc. to locate online library resources to include in your Reading Lists.
5. Click on the resource (article, e-journal, e-book, etc) and then click Add (+). Most resources are available online, students will access using the link(s) under "Check Availability."
6. Publish the list for students to view the list of articles, etc.
Note: See the video above first to see how to add the Reading List tool and make it visible on Navigation. Then add lists and articles.