MLA Style Examples
MLA Citation Help
What are in-text citations?
Basic Formatting for MLA
- White, 8-1/2 by 11-inch paper. Use Times New Roman 12pt or another easy to read font.
- One-inch margins. Indent first word of each paragraph 5 spaces (one-half inch) from left margin.
- Double-space throughout.
- No title page is required. At the top of the first page, at the left-hand margin, type your name, your instructor's name, the course name and number, and the date -- all on separate, double-spaced lines. The title of the paper should be centered, one double-space below that. (sample paper)
- Indent long quotations/block quotations (those that are more than 4-lines/40 words) one inch from left margin.
- A header with consecutive page numbering should appear on the upper right-hand corner of each page. It must be flush with the right margin, and one-half inch down from the top margin.Type your last name before the page number.
A "How To" Video just for you!
Formatting MLA Papers with Word 2010